ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Job Summary: RESPEC seeks a Data Analyst to support a National Data Warehouse (NDW) for the Indian Health Service (IHS). Customers of the data are diverse and consist of users retrieving data for clinical information, statistical reporting and special data requests for specific needs authorized by the client. In addition, recurring upgrades and adjustments to the NDW and its associated transformed data to the customer associated data marts require detailed data analysis and in house specifications. The Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining a close relationship with data users and is knowledgeable about the business side processes, language, and operational data that support the business. Duties require a broad knowledge of data sources, data flow, system interactions and strong structured query language (SQL) within a relational DB2 data base system to ensure the following:
Summary of Duties: The responsibilities associated with this position include the following:
- Work with users requesting data pulls or reports from NDW, to clarify data availability, data access issues, user requirements, and set priorities.
- Write requirements documents for the customer requesting data formal approval.
- Write specifications for the team programmers and/or report developers. Perform quality assurance on data and reports to ensure they meet the specified user requirements.
- Write technical and user documentation for NDW data marts and applications.
- Analyze data from multiple IHS healthcare data sources to establish true definitions of the data and what types of additional data are needed, in what format, to what level of specificity, etc.
- Identify, research, analyze, document and resolve issues related to data quality, data integrity or processing data transformation and cleansing rules.
- Other specialized duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-6 years of Data Analyst experience with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong SQL Language and MS Office skills required
- Knowledge of health care related data with programming knowledge and experience
- Experience in requirements gathering/documenting
- Strong and effective technical writing skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong people and communication skills
- Work within a Project Management set up
- Knowledge in working with relational databases
- SQL server, or other RDBMS; SAS; UNIX Shell Scripting
- Rational Tools
- SAP Business Objects.
Compensation: Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, cafeteria plan, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% ESOP-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period. Wage will be commensurate with education and experience.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=respec&jobId=55952&lang=en_US&source=CC2. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RESPEC is an Affirmative Action Employee EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Background check and drug screen required.
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson St. NE, Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109-3413