ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Job Summary: The Principal Consultant is expected to bridge any gaps that exist between technology and the client’s business domain. A Principal Consultant is a unique position because it has a role in both a sales and technical capacity and supports the business development and technical teams. A Principal Consultant also develops and fosters long-lasting client relationships. These professionals are adept proposal writers, capable technical strategists, and solutions architects. Principal Consultants apply their technical knowledge and expertise by contributing to the effective and efficient delivery of projects and serves as a liaison between the client, RESPEC program manager, project manager, and technical team. The Principal Consultant frequently flex their role to meet the changing needs of the company.
Job Description: The Principal Consultant works with the client to ensure that the client’s needs are met. From early client meetings to delivery and beyond, the Principal Consultant manages the client expectations to remain within the Scope of Work and oversees the deliverables. Principal Consultants have demonstrated client-facing skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate budget, scope, and schedule with clients.
As a solution facilitator, the Principal Consultant collaborates with internal development teams (including project managers, business analysts, business development managers, and technical staff) to find, develop, and enhance solutions. The Principal Consultant must clarify what the client needs and why, so that the IT staff can successfully deliver solutions while meeting or exceeding profit targets. Principal Consultants must possess a thorough understanding of the designated market, key industry partners, and trends in the marketplace, and they possess a high-level understanding of financial forecasting, reporting, and budgeting.
Summary of Duties: The responsibilities associated with this position include the following:
- Possess or develop recognized expertise in one or more vertical markets
- Maintain awareness of technical industry trends (e.g., cloud computing, IOT)
- Support business development activities as required, including networking, sales, project scoping, up/cross selling, Scopes of Work (SOWs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Adapt IT resources, tools, and processes to the unique needs of each client
- Advise and assist clients in prioritizing and optimizing returns on investment (ROIs)
- Ensure proper client engagement and oversight and/or act as a proxy Product Owner
- Perform portfolio management duties when IT staff is engaged in multiple projects for a client
- Provide appropriate direction and feedback to development teams and managers
- Participate in company-sponsored learning and mentoring events
- Ensure that the product development and the product delivery teams identify, document, and drive resolution for client issues
- Participate in development projects.
Preferred attributes include the following:
- Advanced communication skills, including experience with proposal development and presentations
- Advanced ability to present in-depth technical solutions
- Experience in writing technical RFP responses
- Ability to work with clients and foster long-term client relationships
- Leadership, team-building, and management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate and energize a project team
- Motivation to exceed customer and project goals.
Qualifications: At least 10 years of hands-on experience in a senior technical role (e.g., senior software engineer or senior network engineer). A bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. A master’s degree and/or professional certifications are preferred.
Compensation: Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, cafeteria plan, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% ESOP-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period. Wage will be commensurate with education and experience.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=respec&jobId=53603&lang=en_US&source=CC2. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RESPEC is an Affirmative Action Employee EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Background check and drug screen required.
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson St. NE, Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109-3413