WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER
Job Description: RESPEC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company, has an immediate opening in our Roseville, Minnesota, location for a civil engineer specializing in water resources. This position involves hydraulic analysis and modeling as well as progressive planning and designing of water-resource projects. Interdisciplinary work with environmental science staff is also anticipated.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a bachelor of science degree in civil or environmental engineering (or related engineering discipline) and a minimum of 6 years of consulting engineering experience. The candidate must have proven interpersonal skills and acceptable oral and written communication skills. Expertise in hydraulic analysis and modeling in addition to civil and water-resources engineering design and construction plan preparation is preferred. Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
- Professional Engineer (PE), Registered in Minnesota
- Experience in developing and preparing drainage reports, Letters of Map Revision for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and stormwater design
- Experience in AutoCAD/Civil 3D, including development and manipulation of digital elevation models (DEMs) and other digital surface/terrain models
- Experience in developing construction plans and specifications
- Practical application of the various hydrology/hydraulics software, including HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and EPASWMM
- GIS knowledge
- Surveying knowledge
- Experience in construction observation.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package comprising medical/dental/vision insurance, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% ESOP-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=respec&jobId=55005&lang=en_US&source=CC2. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 725
Rapid City, SD 57709-0725