Azure Operations Configuration Manager
RESPEC, an integrated consulting and services company that provides clients with high-quality technical and advisory services covering a variety of industries, seeks an AZURE Operations Configuration Manager who is responsible for ensuring that client projects achieve the stated delivery objectives on time and within budget. The AZURE Operations Configuration Manager will lead the coordination with an insurance application for the state of Texas. Duties and responsibilities may be performed either from our Albuquerque, NM or Richardson, TX office. As an Azure Operations Configuration Manager, you will plan, analyze, design, build, test, deploy, and maintain enterprise Microsoft technology infrastructures in the Azure Public Cloud and Azure Government Cloud. This position requires extensive communications between the project manager, Information Security Officer (ISO), technical team members, and state agency points of contacts that include scheduling meetings and following a structured change management process. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in system design to support customer needs, and you will contribute to our processes and procedures. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers. You will be involved in the development of RESPEC solutions, proposal development, and change requirements, as well as developing customer relationships and analyzing the customer's business. The AZURE Operations Configuration Manager also keeps client leadership and RESPEC management abreast of the projects’ status, deliverables, risks, and issues. Being “our clients’ most respected and trusted advisor” is required at all times.
- You care about the project, the people on the project, and the client.
- You are a servant leader who maximizes the efforts of others toward common goals.
- You are comfortable in managing multiple stakeholders from multiple agencies.
- You maintain a broad perspective of the project scope and its interdependencies.
- You are organized and effective at managing your time and others’ time.
- You are process- and detail-oriented in keeping meeting agendas and minutes, providing status updates, and creating presentations.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You have good interpersonal skills.
- You are skilled in eliciting and prioritizing business requirements.
- You are skilled in breaking down large tasks and developing project schedules.
- You proactively follow up on tasks and action items to maintain project momentum.
- You can develop a resource plan and level resource loads.
- You can create and maintain a project budget.
- You can manage issues, remove impediments, and escalate sensibly.
- You can evaluate and manage risks and mitigation plans.
- You are experienced in working on agile and waterfall projects.
- You meet project reporting deadlines.
- You are a solid technologist with strong business skills.
- You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two.
- You are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping nontechnical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
- Project Responsibilities
- Supports Azure infrastructure enterprise-level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business and government application services. Setting up Virtual Servers in the Government Azure environment. Installing and configuring software on Virtual Servers coordinating with the client. Setting up backups, restorations, and other management processes on all Virtual Servers and storage devices.
- Design, test, and implement application services migrations in both a manual and automated manner.
- Work closely with RESPEC and client operational resources in migrating their practices to the cloud.
- Work closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure that requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design.
- Participate in knowledge-sharing activities in areas of expertise, including mentoring, cross training, documentation, and other activities to improve the technical expertise of the team as a whole.
- Work with teams to develop and enhance processes.
- Use existing tools to build automated processes to complete monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Tune the tools and processes to streamline maintenance tasks.
- Monitor and tune cloud environment when/if performance issues are found.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of regular processes, track issues, document changes, and build automated procedures that promote an environment of continuous improvement within Azure.
- Ensure that all services and applications are operable in both preproduction and production environments and that they meet the proscribed Servie Level Agreement (LSA) for availability and performance.
- Support the Azure deployment infrastructure through system performance-tuning and maintenance tasks.
- Provide daily operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting activities for Azure infrastructure and application releases; provide detailed reporting on all triage, investigation, failure recovery, and performance-tuning activities.
- Report all issues to the project manager and escalate issues as needed through appropriate levels to achieve satisfactory results for the client.
- May be required to be on-call or provide weekend and after-hours support for package deployments and issue resolution.
- Minimal travel expected to client locations.
- Client Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a positive professional rapport with client resources by informing clients of the projects’ overall status
- Establish yourself as a trusted resource and advisor who has the client’s best interest
- Solicit client feedback on your performance.
- Consulting experience with mid- to large-scale migrations to Cloud Providers such as Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Specific experience in setting up Virtual Servers in the Azure environment and managing Microsoft SQL Server configuration, management, and storage options in that environment.
- Experience in monitoring performance and server error conditions in the Azure environment.
- Experience in using Powershell to automate system administration and setup tasks.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases, and mobility considerations.
- Ability to communicate and present complex information to technical and nontechnical stakeholders (both verbally and in written form).
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Multiple years of demonstrated experience in systems administration or systems engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years in a technical position using cloud technologies.
- Minimum of 6 years of Azure experience, preferably experience with Azure Government Cloud
- Experience with deploying software to an Azure environment with Microsoft Azure Devops.
Wage will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period. Although position is full time and benefits eligible, the period of performance is exclusively tied to project schedule.
Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at:https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=276254&source=CC2&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RESPEC is an Affirmative Action Employee EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Background check and drug screen required.
Contact Information: RESPEC
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson St. NE, Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109-3413