SECURITY ARCHITECT (CISSP Certified)
Job Description: RESPEC, a nationally recognized consulting and services company, seeks an experienced Security Architect to work with RESPEC and our client on a large development project.
Summary of Duties:
- Defines and documents the system’s security architecture and its implementation
- Review the system’s security infrastructure implementation to ensure that the design is implemented correctly and as defined
- Performs periodic security reviews (e.g., threat modeling and vulnerability assessments) to ensure that the application and infrastructure remain secure
- Works with the client to update the security architecture design and implementation as new security threats are determined/discovered
- Maintains and updates the security architecture documentation
- Helps revise, review, and understand the information security plan
- Work with RESPEC’s and the client’s business and technical resources to ensure that controls are implemented to address all applicable information security risks
- Provides training and direction of RESPEC personnel who have significant responsibilities for information security regarding their assigned technical role
- Provides guidance and assistance to the client’s senior agency officials, information-owners, information custodians, and end users regarding their responsibilities for information security
- Develops and recommend policies and establish procedures and practices for RESPEC, in cooperation with the client, information-owners and custodians, to ensure that information and information resources are secure against unauthorized or accidental modification, destruction, or disclosure
- Verifies that project security requirements are identified and risk mitigation plans are developed and contractually agreed upon and obligated before purchasing information technology hardware, software, and systems development services for new high-impact computer applications or computer applications that receive, maintain, and/or share confidential data
- Informs respective party/client in the event of noncompliance and/or with the client’s information security policies
- Recommends modifications to security policies, procedures, and practices when new security threats are determined/discovered
- Maintains and updates the information security plan as required by applicable regulations and policies.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in working in an information security role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related field or comparable industry experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification required—no exceptions
- Experience in supporting a state government project (preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly developed sense of integrity
- Committed to customer and project team success
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Self-motivated, thorough, and reliable; above-average attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Uses available information, and seeks additional information when needed
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and business concepts.
- Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, or Richardson, Texas
- Travel: Some travel to the client site and Albuquerque is expected.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package comprising of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Qualified applicants please apply online at: https://respeccareers.applytojob.com/apply/ivXMNucQ03/Certified-Information-Systems-Security-Professional-CISSP-Security-Architect. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment background check and drug screens are required for all positions.