Federal Program/Contracts Delivery Manager
Job Description: RESPEC’s Data & Technology Solutions (DTS) business unit seeks a Federal Program Contracts and Delivery Manager to oversee RESPEC’s IT consulting services. The preferred location for this position is Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Successful performance on incoming, active, and transitioning projects is key to DTS; therefore, the Federal Program Contracts and Delivery Manager should enter RESPEC with business, financial acumen, and experience in overseeing the daily operations of a civilian agency portfolio that includes large and multiyear IT services contracts. This manager possesses hands-on experience and is responsible for leading, managing, and directing daily business operations on projects staffed by matrixed project managers and technical staff, with an annual total operating budget over $6M. DTS federal clients currently include subcontracts and prime contracts with DOE Facility and the Indian Health Service as well as on-site staff augmentation business.
The successful candidate should have technical familiarity with application development, data management, and technical staff augmentation. This position requires business and resources management skills and the ability to efficiently recruit and coordinate staff on multiple projects.
The Federal Program Contracts and Delivery Manager sustains and grows partner and client relationships. Communication strategies are implemented to stay ahead of client needs, determine satisfaction, and understand the client’s strategic direction and requirements. This individual will be responsible for identifying and supporting organic growth opportunities such as executing contract modifications and developing new Scopes of Work with existing clients. Enthusiasm, innovation, and skilled client interaction are required.
Additional responsibilities and areas of accountability include the following:
- Assess delivery and individual performance on active projects to ensure that individuals and groups are successful, contract commitments are met, and continuous improvement is promoted.
- Provide oversight and accountability to ensure that project deliverables and contract compliance terms are met by the executing teams.
- Provide oversight for tactical and operational aspects of the portfolio.
- Oversee a variety of tasks regarding opportunities, challenges, and issues of the contract processes.
- Oversee DTS performance on active projects and manages closeout activities on existing contracts per regulations and policies.
- Work with the DTS Human Resources Manager and staffing partners for recruitment.
- Manage key contract positions and personnel, prepares supervisors and team reports, address performance or conduct issues, and ensure that the DTS business unit is successful.
- Recommend modifications or updates to internal policies.
- Initiate, organize, and/or attend regular contract/client team, management, and status meetings with DTS IT principal consultants, project managers, and/or IT project teams.
- Act as a trusted resource by regularly attending status meetings and providing updates to key client program and project managers, procurement or buyers, and liaison contacts and partners.
- Develop regular reporting documents (i.e., update and reconcile financial and labor data related to active projects, including budget management, actuals/forecasting, analysis, labor billing codes, and revenue projections).
- Provide contract acquisition support to marketing and business development including partnership opportunities, bids, proposals.
- Negotiate and arrange attendance at conferences or industry events.
- Work with business development leaders and principal consultants to form a basis of estimates for new work (i.e., organic growth and new clients).
- Communicate with individuals on contracts to ensure correct billing and revenue accruals.
- Develop federal program profit/loss annual budget plans.
- Track budget status in financial systems; manage contracts, positions, utilization, and compensation to ensure that budget plan targets are met.
- Initiate and coordinate category rate increase requests on business contracts.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of directly applicable federal contract and delivery management experience; demonstrated end-to-end federal/government experience; understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); strong communication, leadership, relationship, and collaboration skills; and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite. Must be able to obtain federal security clearance (Q/L or S/TS). Some travel is required .
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with Deltek Time and Expense, CostPoint, and Cognos reporting modules. Project Management Professional (PMP) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certifications are preferred.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Apply online at: https://respeccareers.applytojob.com/apply/g3BzY5ZPqX/Federal-Program-Contracts-Delivery-Manager RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson Rd. NE Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109