Rapid City, SD
Job Description: RESPEC, an internationally recognized engineering consulting and services company with domestic and international projects, seeks a geologist in its Rapid City, South Dakota, office. The primary responsibilities include providing geological and geotechnical logging of core and chips, drilling oversight, and collecting field data (including sampling for water, rock, and soil). The geologist will prepare geological illustrations, maps, and reports with additional responsibilities including conducting hydrogeological site investigations and numerical groundwater modeling for client and corporate meetings.
Qualifications: The successful candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- 0–10 years of directly applicable relevant experience
- Bachelor of science required, master’s degree preferred in geology, geoscience, or geological engineering
- Flexibility to travel 10–50 percent of work time for extensive periods in the field
- Proficiency with one or more mapping software applications required (e.g., ArcMap, ArcPro, QGIS, and/or AutoCAD)
- Experience or coursework with MODFLOW and aquifer test analysis
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) certification preferred
- Geologist-in-Training certification or ability to obtain within 1 year preferred
- Position requires applicant to live and work in the US.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, , Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=270474&source=CC2&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
3824 Jet Drive
Rapid City, SD 57703