IT Systems Engineer
Rapid City, SD
RESPEC is an integrated consulting and service company that provides clients with high-quality technical and advisory services covering a variety of industries. RESPEC seeks a qualified Information Technologies (IT) Systems Engineer for the Corporate IT Support Team (CITS).
The successful candidate will provide IT systems support for corporate users across RESPEC including related company locations and activities. This position requires working both independently and with other team members to troubleshoot and correct issues with software and hardware.
A strong candidate will focus on customer service and relationships while demonstrating the ability to identify and resolve issues that are preventing internal and external individuals from performing their job responsibilities. The IT Systems Engineer will obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors.
• Experience with a broad range of IT system infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to Hypervisors, Enterprise Storage and Backup Systems, SAN, VOIP, VDI, and elements of networking
• Strong understanding of LAN/WAN networking fundamentals and technologies including external access methods
• Ability to build and manage systems and infrastructure
• Oversight of infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems and system management tools
• Familiarity with navigation and configuration of programs such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Exchange
• Ability to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
• Knowledge of IT support processes and use of remote monitoring/ticketing software
• Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of PC workstations, servers, network equipment, peripherals, and any other ancillary equipment
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to work with all levels of clients, vendors, and/or other IT staff
• Ability to work as part of a team or independently
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail and ability to absorb and retain information
• Strong documentation skills
• Exceptional customer service orientation
• Willingness to accept new and diverse challenges and issues
• Ability to present ideas that are easily understood by nontechnical resources
• Available to travel (up to 20 percent) to client sites
• Excellent problem-solving and time-management skills
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
Qualifications and Desirable Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field, or equivalent combination of 10 years of directly applicable experience required
• Certifications or experience with any of the following preferred:
o Cisco VoIP
o Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Box)
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=269631&source=CC3&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
3824 Jet Drive
Rapid City, SD 57703