Payroll & Human Resources Administrator
Rapid City, SD
Job Description: RESPEC is a nationally recognized engineering consulting company that is seeking a Payroll & Human Resources Administrator at our corporate headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota. The primary duties of the Payroll & Human Resources Administrator include processing and reconciling payroll, timesheets, and leave accrual accounts. The Payroll & HR Administrator is also responsible for the set-up and maintenance of new employee HRIS accounts, records, and files. Additional payroll, accounting, administrative, and Human Resources tasks may be assigned, as needed, to support the Human Resources Team. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide variety of Human Resources activities and functions, and will also work closely with the Accounting department.
Work Schedule: Regular full-time position involving 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- You pay attention to detail and can work independently
- You are responsive, especially to time-sensitive duties
- You maintain a high level of confidentiality
- You are organized, and can plan and implement a variety of tasks
- You prioritize, and manage quickly-changing deadlines and tasks
- You look for opportunities to improve existing systems and processes
- You enjoy using Excel
- You like to learn, you ask questions, and you adapt well to changes
- You have great customer service skills
- Processing and reconciliation of multi-state, biweekly payroll, weekly timesheets, and monthly leave accrual accounts, and answering employee questions related to these functions
- Set-up and maintenance of new employee accounts in several HRIS platforms and filing systems
- Maintenance of employee records and files
- Assist with a variety of Human Resources duties, which may include the following:
- Assisting with special projects and initiatives
- Assisting with research, updates, and revisions for personnel policies, benefits, procedures, and forms
- Providing administrative support
- Providing backup assistance for other related duties as assigned
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 2 years of college; bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least 2 years of general office experience, a focus in Payroll, and/or Human Resources is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written)
- Willingness to provide a high level of service to internal customers.
Compensation: Hourly wage depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=473280053_5019&jobId=272005&source=CC2&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 725
Rapid City, SD 57709-0725