Quality Assurance Analyst
RESPEC, an integrated consulting and services company that provides clients with high-quality technical and advisory services covering a variety of industries, seeks a software quality assurance (QA) analyst who is responsible for ensuring that client projects achieve the stated delivery objectives on time and within budget. As a QA analyst, you will plan, create, and design test cases; perform UI/UX testing, ensure that the application meets business requirements; and report key performance indicators (KPIs). This position will require extensive communication between the project manager, QA manager, technical team members, and state agency personnel. Duties and responsibilities will be performed from our Albuquerque, New Mexico, or Richardson, Texas, office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in planning and design sessions with your Agile team to develop world-class solutions
- Develop, modify, and execute software test plans
- Design and implement test cases for system enhancements
- Execute test cases in local and cloud-deployment environments
- Accurately document defects with reproducible steps, root cause, and failure analysis
- Assist the client during user acceptance testing
- Provide documentation to management and project teams to determine the release readiness of products or product features
- Perform black-box and gray-box testing.
Job summary and required skills/experience include the following:
- 8+ years of software QA testing experience, including writing test cases and test plans
- 5+ years of reporting KPIs in a QA environment
- 2+ years of writing SQL scripts in an SQL Server environment
- 3+ years of working in a SCRUM or Agile engineering environment
- 2+ years of cloud (e.g., MSFT Azure or Amazon Web Services) testing experience
- 2+ years testing web services with web APIs (RESTful or SOAP)
- 4+ years of creating documentation (e.g., user guides and how-to documents)
- 3+ years of experience in stress and performance testing tools and methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to source control, build and release processes, and continuous deployment
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science, information technologies, or related field.
Preferred skills/experience include the following:
- Experience with modern web testing methodology/practice using tools such as Selenium, PhantomJS, FitNesse, Cucumber, and SpecFlow, Postman, SoapU
- Professional experience in test/tool automation
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with Visio or a similar tool
- Experience in software consulting working with external clients.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive total benefits package. Although this position is full time and eligible for benefits, the period of performance is exclusively tied to project schedule.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=276519&source=CC2&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson NE Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109