Job Description: Mine Development Associates, a Division of RESPEC, seeks a geologist in its Reno, Nevada, office. The successful candidate will be responsible for independently evaluating project data and resource estimations, many of which will be publicly reported. Such resource-related projects include three-dimensional (3D) modeling of geology, density, oxidation, metallurgical, and geotechnical characteristics as well as the commodities of interest. Although the successful candidate will require training, experience in data compilation and evaluation as well as 3D modeling is highly beneficial. The qualified candidate should have a minimum of 15 years of experience in working as a geologist in exploration, mine development, and/or production with significant experience in advanced drilling projects and fieldwork.
Duties include the following:
- Project management, including providing oversight and assuming primary responsibility for property evaluations and resource estimation projects
- Constructing 3D models for resource estimation
- Identifying relationships between the commodity of interest and critical lithologic, structural, alteration, and/or oxidation characteristics
- Using modeling software in the resource estimation
- Reconciling and analyzing milled and/or mined production versus pre-mining resource modeling
- Maintaining, updating, and analyzing drill hole databases and related quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) data
- Assuming the role of lead author on publicly filed technical reports.
The candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience as a resource, exploration, mine development, and/or production geologist with significant experience in advanced-stage projects, industrial minerals, and/or base- and precious-metals production
- Significant experience with large-scale drilling campaigns, mapping projects, and sampling
- Familiarity with project databases, QA/QC programs, and drill-sample collection and processing procedures
- Experience with a variety of commodities and deposit types
- Is, or is willing to become, a qualified person (“QP”) status under National Instrument (NI) 43-101 guidelines
- Functional skills with a second language in addition to English is preferred
- Previous experience with 3D modeling components of mining software
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Effective oral and writing communication skills
- A minimum of a bachelor of science degree in geology, geological engineering, or related field; a master of science degree is preferred
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=274902&source=CC3&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact Information: RESPEC
Human Resources Department
3824 Jet Drive