Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Job Description: RESPEC’s Canadian operation has an opening for a Senior Geologist in the Mining & Energy business unit and is based out of our Saskatoon office. Employing world-renowned experts in geoscience, engineering, and technology, RESPEC is a global leader in integrated technology solutions and consulting for mining, minerals, and energy. In the spirit of stewardship, RESPEC’s unique team of distinguished professionals offers mining and mineral clients expertise to maximize project returns while respecting the economic, social, and environmental well-being of a community.
Our Saskatoon team is focused on the potash and salt industries and is looking for a senior geologist to assist with increasing project load and sector growth.
Job Summary and Key Responsibilities
- The Senior Geologist is a valued member of the project team who is responsible for a variety of tasks aimed at delivering high-quality, innovative products and services to clients in a timely manner. Occasional travel to project locations including drill sites and mine sites will required.
- The Senior Geologist will help develop and manage oilfield-type drilling and services related to exploration activities. The candidate will be required to review and interpret geophysical wireline logs frequently; thus, a demonstrated experience with log interpretation is an asset.
- The Senior Geologist may occasionally be part of multidisciplinary, fast-paced due diligence projects.
- As a project team member or as a project team leader, the Senior Geologist will effectively lead a team to attain client project goals, ensure product quality, deliver services timely, and maintain profitability standards as defined by the project.
- Other Senior Geologist duties and skills include but are not limited to:
- Establish and conduct quality assurance/quality control verification of procedures and protocols for laboratory and field-based work.
- Supervise resource modelling and estimations for projects following industry guideline such as National Instrument (NI) 43-101.
- Review of technical work relating to area of expertise. Act as primary author and Independent Qualified Professional of NI 43-101 technical reports.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and service improvement. Provide feedback to the management team and assist in developing these opportunities.
- Collaborate with the management team on business development strategies for growth opportunities for the Canadian team. Assist with executing business development strategy for target clients.
- Bachelor of science in geology or equivalent.
- Eligibility for registration with a professional affiliation such as an Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS). Prefer to have a candidate who is already a current APEGS Professional Geoscientist member.
- In-depth understanding of geology including industry best practices and trends. Specific knowledge of potash and/or oil and gas is beneficial.
- As a representative of RESPEC, the Senior Geologist must possess a strong work ethic and display professionalism, leadership, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with an approachable nature that encourages mentorship and knowledge transfer.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the field of geoscience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in mineral resource calculation.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive total benefits package.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at:https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=276134&source=CC2&lang=en_US .RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
3824 Jet Drive
Rapid City, SD 57703