Senior Software Developer
Job Descriptions: RESPEC, a nationally recognized consulting and services company, seeks a Senior Software Developer. This individual is responsible for assisting the software architect with application designs and serving as a team lead for implementing custom development projects within the Data & Technology Solutions (DTS) business unit. Most of the projects are custom development projects using open-source frameworks or projects that integrate external systems with one of the billing platforms supported by DTS (i.e., Oracle BRM, Gotransverse, and RecVue).
- You are knowledgeable in most or all the following technologies: Java, J2EE, Spring Boot, Spring Framework, REST Web Services, Kafka, Docker, Swagger Maven, Git, Jenkins, and Oracle RDBMS.
- You are knowledgeable in SQL and Scrum and have test-driven development skills.
- You can make technical presentations to clients clearly and concisely.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- You work well in a small agile team setting.
- Assist the software architect in solution design
- Function as the team lead on projects by assigning work (typically through Jira stories) to other developers
- Serve as one of the developers on the project in addition to your team lead duties
- Work with the project manager to track progress of your project(s)
- Provide clear and concise status on scrum calls and in other status reporting formats as requested
- Respond to client requests politely and timely
- Provide clear and concise documentation of your development work
- Quickly learn new technologies and concepts.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent educational background
- 8+ years of software development experience; consulting experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, and responsive.
Compensation: Salary depends on education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews by appointment only. To apply: Please apply online at: https://respeccareers.applytojob.com/apply/ecpXHOESzk/Senior-Software-Developer. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Contact Information: RESPEC
Human Resources Department
700 International Parkway, Suite 100
Richardson, TX 75081