Water & Natural Resources Project Engineer/Project Manager
Colorado Springs, CO
Job Description: RESPEC is a nationally recognized engineering consulting company that is seeking an experienced individual to provide project engineering and management services at our Colorado Springs, Colorado, location. The candidate will be involved with all types of planning, design, and specialty services related to the stormwater and land-development engineering fields.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have at least a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or a related engineering field with 5–15 years of experience in the stormwater or land-development engineering fields. Representative work experience should include some of the following:
- Development of hydrologic and hydraulic models (e.g., HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, CUHP, and EPASWMM)
- Preparation of stormwater master plans and reports
- Design of infrastructure improvements including storm sewer systems, natural and engineered channels, culverts, detention ponds, and drop structures
- Preparation of site-grading plans for commercial and residential developments
- Development of final construction plans and specifications for those improvements
- Preparation of documentation for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) approval (i.e., Flood Hazard Area Delineations [FHADs], Letter of Map Revisions [LOMRs], Conditional Letter of Map Revisions [CLOMRs], and Physical Map Revisions [PMRs]).
This position will focus initially on project engineering duties and with transition to project management. Project management responsibilities will be assigned based on experience for those candidates who are registered Professional Engineers (PEs) in Colorado. Additional qualifications include the following:
- Experience providing engineering services in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, and GIS.
We enjoy flexible work hours and have an open office environment to share ideas.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Qualified applicants please apply online https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=268644&source=CC3&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Attn: Human Resources
720 South Colorado Blvd., Suite 410 S
Denver, CO 80246
Related Service Areas
Founded in 1969, RESPEC is a global leader in geoscience, engineering, data, and integrated technology solutions for major industry sectors.