Fairbanks, AK - Infrastructure
PDC, a RESPEC Company, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our full-service engineering team! We design innovative world-class projects utilizing state-of-the-art technologies. This is a hands-on position with the Northern Region Facilities Market Sector. Primary role will include mechanical design for facilities supporting new construction and renovations in collaboration with architects, civil, structural, electrical, and fire protection engineers. Duties may also include construction inspection of facility and utility projects. This is a great career opportunity for a dynamic, energetic individual looking to grow in their profession.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-12 years related experience in HVAC and/or plumbing consulting firm.
- PE preferred or EIT with ability to take the PE exam within 1 yr. would be acceptable.
- Solid knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Teams.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and able to take on new tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Detail oriented & well organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Desire to learn and advance in technical skills and understanding.
Additional Preferred Experience/Skills
- AutoCAD experience.
- Revit experience.
- Experience with construction.
- Cold region/Alaska experience.
- Knowledge of heat and cooling load calculations, and cost estimating.
- Experience with preparing plans, specifications, and design calculations.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 10-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional society memberships. PDC, a division of RESPEC, is 100-percent employee-owned.
Alaska Office Location(s): Fairbanks
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled