Civil CAD Drafter-Entry Level
ALBUQUERQUE, NM - WNR
Job Description: RESPEC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company, has an opening for a designer/drafter in the Community Design Solutions Business Unit in the Albuquerque, New Mexico, office. Our projects are generally in the areas of residential and commercial development, drainage studies, flood control analysis, and design of public drainage infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entry level drafting and plan production services with a team of engineers during the planning, design, and construction plan phases for a variety of engineering projects
- Work with team on site civil design for residential and commercial sites as well as storm drainage, storm sewer design, flood control, stream restoration, detention ponds, and planning studies
- Work with team on production of plans from survey to final design (including preparing construction drawings using AutoCAD/Civil 3D while using multiple client standards and developing details and erosion-control plans)
- Perform CAD modifications based on plan markups, sketched information, and verbal direction
- Prepare presentation materials and graphics for project development, meetings, report figures, quantities, and reports
- Work under the direction of multiple project managers (engineers) and CAD technicians
- Work independently and with others while working on multiple projects concurrently—will need strong time-management skills.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Preference given to candidate with a technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or combination of education and experience
- Basic drafting skills and some knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, and Adobe)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player who strives to provide quality work, meet project needs, and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with solid organizational skills.
Work Schedule: Priority is for a full-time position involving 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, however consideration will be given for a qualified candidate who prefers part time work
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.