Alaska, AK - Infrastructure
RESPEC is seeking a planner to join our full-service engineering team! We design innovative world-class projects utilizing ultramodern technologies. This position will provide integrated planning, GIS mapping, public outreach, data collection, and analysis support primarily to the aviation group of our transportation sector and occasionally to our highways group and our utility sector. Typical duties include plan development in accordance with FAA and FHA guidance, preparation of research papers, analysis for planning and special studies, and development of maps and graphics. Travel is throughout Alaska as needed and varies from project to project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads public outreach and community engagement efforts utilizing best practices and industry standards
- Conducts research, provides technical expertise, and leads the formulation of airport planning studies including Master Plans, Regional Transportation Plans, and Aviation System Plans.
- Exercises a high level of technical, interpersonal and communication skills, while being expected to exercise considerable independent judgment with minimal guidance.
- Provides technical expertise and knowledge of best industry practices in the preparation of planning studies.
- Acts as an individual contributor and/or member of a team in the development of written reports and presentations.
- Devises innovative approaches and flexible solutions to clients and team members to address challenges in the aviation and transportation fields.
- B.S. in Urban or Regional Planning
- 10+ years’ experience desired
- 5+ years minimum with specific airport/transportation experience
- Proficient with ArcGIS
- Experienced and comfortable leading public meetings
- Able to work independently
- Equipped with strong research and analysis skills, along with the ability to write technical reports for a lay audience
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Detail-oriented and well organized, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Familiar with public data sets
- Skilled at both verbal and written communication
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 10 holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional society memberships. RESPEC is 100-percent employee-owned.
Available Office Locations: Alaska | Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Palmer, or Soldotna
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment background check and drug screens are required for all positions.