Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Albuquerque, NM - D-Data & Technology
RESPEC is an IT consulting and services company that seeks an Information Technology Specialist III who will provide support to the Indian Health Services.
The Information Technology Specialist will work in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment and is responsible for owning and furthering multiple project priorities. This individual must have the ability to interact successfully with both internal and external clients to resolve issues and articulate client needs. The individual in this position thinks outside the box by developing and implementing innovative processes while adapting to additional process improvements. The Information Technology Specialist III must be proficient in requirements analysis, Requirements Management, Software Support, Software Testing, and Implementation. This individual will support people who are responsible for collecting, transmitting, sourcing, tracing, writing, and managing these requirements for each project in the portfolio. This position will report to the RESPEC DTS Federal IT Director.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Establishing complex operational software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned
- Maintaining file servers, access and Security/System Monitoring Systems and as required
- Analyzing and troubleshooting system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
- Preparing system for operational use and support operational tests
- Notifies customer when changes occur that might affect authorization accreditation
- Conducts cybersecurity portion of the self-inspection’s checklist
- Reviews and provides technical and cyber security coordination on all bodies of evidence that make-up the authorization package
- Identifies vulnerabilities and implements countermeasures
- Ensures information systems and network appliances are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
- Provides external Information System(s) Client Support
- Performs account creations, changes, & deletions on multiple authorization boundaries
- Performs Help Desk & troubleshooting activities
- Performs Hardware/Software System Configuration, upgrades and modifications
- Performs system and application patching and update activities
- Collects and reports on requirements metrics related to assigned applications and client identified priorities
- Maintains system documentation on Share Point
- Coordinates the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of UNIX and AIX infrastructure hardware/software which support Health Information systems and applications
- Maintains/troubleshoots the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Health Information systems/applications, networks, and data through the analysis, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools
- Implements disaster recovery (DR) procedures and maintains a DR site to requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) of science degree in a related technical discipline, certifications or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with requirements analysis and engineering using Software Development Life Cycle Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Level 5 clearance
- Working knowledge of Indian Health RPMS EHR System.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server and/or Azure DevOps.
- Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery Policy implementation procedures
- Working knowledge of cloud-based architecture and environments
- Proven ability to work on a remote/distributed team.
- Experience with federal or public sector client projects, and Health IT-related projects preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and analytic capabilities.
- Team player who works well with clients and colleagues at all levels.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe- benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be made by appointment only.