Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Structural Engineer (EIT)
Juneau, AK - F-Facilities
RESPEC, is seeking a Structural Engineer-in-Training to join our full-service engineering team! We design innovative world-class projects utilizing state-of-the-art technologies. This is a hands-on design position with the South Coast Region Facilities Market Sector. Primary role will include structural design for facilities supporting new construction and renovations in collaboration with architects, civil, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineers. Duties may also include construction inspection of facility and utility projects. This is a great career opportunity for a dynamic, energetic individual looking to grow in their profession.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with structural coursework emphasis.
- Engineer-in-Training having passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam, or ability to pass the exam within 6 months.
- Solid knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Teams.
- Self-motivated, energetic, and able to take on new tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Detail oriented & well organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Desire to learn and advance in technical skills and understanding.
- Acknowledgement and understanding of the job position location.
Additional Preferred Experience/Skills
- Master of Science in Civil engineering with structural emphasis.
- Revit experience.
- RISA, SAP, or similar Structural Analysis Software experience.
- Experience with construction.
- Cold region/Alaska experience.
- Experience with preparing plans, specifications, and design calculations.
Work Schedule: This is a regular full-time position without benefits. The employee will work 40 hours/week (Monday–Friday) from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 10-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional society memberships. RESPEC, is 100-percent employee-owned.
Alaska Office Location(s): Juneau
Interviews: Interviews are by appointment only. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. Our Affirmative Action Plans for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are available upon request to any applicant during normal business hours.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled