Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Senior Reservoir Engineer
Rapid City, SD - M-Mining
Job Description: RESPEC is a professional consulting and services company that specializes in applying engineering principles and innovative technologies to solve our clients’ most challenging problems. We are seeking a motivated, talented professional for a senior-level reservoir engineer position in our Energy group located in our Rapid City, South Dakota, office.
This position requires a fundamental understanding of engineering principles and business practices to successfully perform reservoir flow and geomechanical evaluations for geothermal systems, carbon capture and storage, or energy (e.g., hydrogen, gas, and thermal) storage. The senior reservoir engineer will be responsible for executing projects within an allotted schedule and budget with other senior- and junior-level engineering staff. Projects will vary in size, duration, and complexity and will require flexibility and adaptability to meet each client’s unique requirements. Senior-level reservoir engineers will also be responsible for project management, business development, and proposal writing. Our projects encompass a diverse spectrum of engineering disciplines and require a broad skill set and an eagerness to learn; thus, this position offers an immense opportunity for personal growth and professional development. The senior reservoir engineer will also produce professional, high-quality, technical documents as deliverable work products to our clients. The breadth and complexity of our projects require understanding high- and low-enthalpy geothermal systems, carbon capture, energy storage, and reservoir geomechanics simulation using high-performance computing systems for extensive numerical simulations. Successfully completing project work will require strong technical aptitude, well-developed interpersonal communication skills, familiarity with modern engineering software programs, and the willingness to seek guidance when appropriate.
This senior-level position provides an unparalleled opportunity for professional growth with an internationally renowned engineering team to a motivated self-learner who is eager to meet challenges. Reservoir engineers work with and learn from experienced professionals with diverse backgrounds and expertise to solve real-world engineering problems that our clients face globally. Our employee-focused culture provides support and flexibility to achieve our employee’s professional and personal goals.
- At a minimum, a master of science degree in geomechanical, geological, or petroleum engineering with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology institution. The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of reservoir engineering experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and technical communication skills (written and oral) and fluent in English.
- Base-level knowledge in numerical modeling, reservoir characterization, and well-test analysis.
- Working knowledge in modern software programs for professional office activities (e.g., Microsoft Office suite, spreadsheet calculations, and reservoir simulators).
Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
- Experience in well-log interpretation.
- Knowledge of fluid flow and mechanical behavior of reservoir materials.
- Experience in well testing and pressure-transient analysis.
- Experience in computer programming with FORTRAN, Python, MATLAB, or another language.
- Numerical modeling with TOUGH3, CMG GEM/STARS, Petrel/ECLIPSE, and MODFLOW.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance; holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); continuing education; and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.