Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil Project Engineer - Land Development
Fort Myers, FL - C-Community Design Solutions
DeLisi Fitzgerald, Inc., a Division of RESPEC Company, is a multiservice consulting firm specializing in land-use planning and civil engineering. We are seeking a Civil Project Engineer for our Fort Myers, FL office. This role involves all aspects of managing residential and commercial land development projects, including contracts, budgets, design, workload, and permitting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight on various construction projects and work with construction inspectors
- Develop and produce conceptual, preliminary, and final construction design drawings
- Assist with preparation of construction plans, detail drawings, and project specifications
- Review construction plans, performing horizontal and vertical roadway alignment calculations, and utility research and coordination
- Assist with permitting submittals
- Complete project reports and engineering calculations
- Perform quantity calculations and complete engineering cost opinions
- Recognize problems quickly and independently resolve problems seeking advice as needed from more experienced engineers, managers, or technical support personnel when unusual situations without precedents are encountered
- Prepare articulate, coherent, grammatically correct written project communication and documentation, correspondence, reports, applications, memorandums, and other miscellaneous documents.
Education and Desired Skills Include:
- BS in civil engineering, environmental engineering, or a related engineering field
- Possess Professional Engineering (PE) license in Florida, or the ability to obtain or transfer license within 1 year of start date
- Experience in contract administration, permitting, earthwork, site grading, utilities, stormwater management, roadway design, hydrology and hydraulic calculations, and utility design
- Familiarity with development and design processes that are specific to local geographic markets
- Experience with AutoCAD and various hydrology/hydraulics software, including StormCAD, WaterCAD, ICPR or similar software packages
- Experience in developing and guiding construction plan package preparation
- Ability to train and/or lead others through project deliverables.
RESPEC appreciates that the workplace environment is ever evolving and recognizes that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. We seek to offer employees a flexible work arrangement which also contributes to the culture and success of the Company.
Salary Range: Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown).
Featured benefits include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) with 100% Company match up to 6%
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional Development and Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
Interviews will be by appointment only.
RESPEC Company employees have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Come join the RESPEC team and find out why our employees have earned us the Great Place to Work certification! We unite engineering and applied sciences with technology, professional, and creative services so that everyone gets cutting-edge outcomes. Our 53-year-old, 100% employee-owned company offers solutions for any challenge and every idea. We serve clients from seven major markets across the globe: Community Design Solutions, Data & Technology, Energy, Facilities, Mining, Transportation, and Water & Environment. Worldwide, people choose and stay with us. We hope you do too.