Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Planner / Urban Designer - (PAL)
Palmer, AK - F-Facilities
RESPEC is seeking a full-time, innovative entry or mid-level Planner/Urban Designer to join our full-service infrastructure team! We plan and design world-class projects utilizing state-of-the-art technologies and out-of-the-box approaches.
This position will provide support to a variety of planning projects across the state, and new project growth in the Lower 48. Key skillsets that align with our work and team culture include adaptability, creativity, public outreach and involvement, GIS mapping, public speaking, project management, strong written and verbal communication, graphic design, and data collection and analysis. Typical duties include researching and developing reports on existing conditions, developing public outreach and presentation materials, interacting with the public, elected officials, and governmental staff, facilitating public meetings and events, developing GIS maps and other graphics, and synthesizing information into draft and final plans. Travel is as-needed throughout Alaska and varies according to season and workload.
- Degree in Urban or Regional Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Economic/Community Development, Geography, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite of programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Some experience with ArcGIS (ESRI ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro) and a willingness to learn
- Some experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and a willingness to learn
- Experience and comfort facilitating public meetings
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team, both virtually and in-person
- Strong research and analysis skills with the ability to write technical reports for a lay audience
- Able to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Detail oriented & well organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with public data sets (i.e. US Census)
- Strong verbal & written communication skills and a strong team player
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period
Available Office Locations: Alaska | Fairbanks, Anchorage, Juneau, Palmer, or Soldotna
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled