CIVIL CAD DRAFTER/TECHNICIAN
Job Description: RESPEC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company, has an opening for a designer/drafter in the Water & Natural Resources business unit in the Denver, Colorado, office. The Water & Natural Resources projects generally are in the areas of drainage and flood control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Incorporate survey information into design drawings
• Prepare drawings, including plans, sections, profiles, details, and sketches, to support project designs
• Plan and design channels, concrete box culvert crossings, ponds, storm sewers, and underground utilities
• Interface with internal and external contacts
• Plan, schedule, and conduct civil design work under the supervision of a Civil Engineer
• Issue interim and final design drawings as required by the project schedule
• Evaluate and incorporate comments to design documents
• Create as-built/record drawings
• Manage drawing files.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering civil designs, including site layout, piping services, and site grading projects
• Strong technical skills related to CADD standards and automation
• Post-high school education in drafting and technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to prepare electronic drawing files within project standards, using three-dimensional modeling/surface models, sketches, layouts, project instructions, and notes
• Ability to establish close working relationship with project delivery teams
• Strong working knowledge of advanced drafting practices and familiarity with CADD principles (e.g., text placement and editing, layering, snap, and precision input)
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation
• Advanced knowledge of Windows and Microsoft
• Knowledge with Adobe products.
In addition to the above qualifications, the ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Experience with Autodesk Civil3D
• Experience with Bentley Inroads is preferable
• Exposure to Bentley Projectwise is preferable
• Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams in multiple geographic offices
• High-level of organizational skills with a good attitude, strong leadership skills, and excellent time management skills
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
• Ability to set priorities and manage change to meet the business needs and project schedules while managing multiple projects concurrently
• Ability to establish close working relationships with project delivery teams and illustrate knowledge of civil processes as they pertain to collaboration and coordination between disciplines
• Excellent verbal, communication, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
• Willingness to learn new software, products, concepts, techniques and help develop new practices and standards.
Work Schedule: Full-time position involving 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=269481&source=CC3&lang=en_US. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Attn: Human Resources
720 South Colorado Blvd., Suite 410 S
Denver, CO 80246