FEDERAL CONTRACTS & BUSINESS MANAGER
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
RESPEC’s Data & Technology Solutions (DTS) business unit seeks a Federal Contracts & Business Manager to oversee RESPEC’s IT consulting services’ contracts with primarily federal agencies. The preferred home location is Albuquerque, NM; however, based on the applicant’s qualifications, our Denver, CO, office will be considered (relocation costs not provided).
Successful performance on incoming, active, and transitioning projects is key to DTS; therefore, the Federal Contracts & Business Manager should enter RESPEC with business, financial acumen and experience in overseeing the daily operations of a civilian agency portfolio that includes large and multiyear IT services contracts. The Federal Contracts & Business Manager is hands-on and responsible for leading, managing, and directing daily business operations on projects staffed by matrixed project managers and technical staff, with an annual total operating budget over $6M. DTS federal clients currently include subcontracts and prime contracts with Sandia National Laboratories and the Indian Health Service as well as on-site staff augmentation business.
The successful candidate should have technical familiarity with application development, data management, and technical staff augmentation. In addition, this position requires business management skills and the ability to efficiently recruit and coordinate staff on multiple projects.
The Federal Contracts & Business Manager sustains and grows partner and client relationships. Communication strategies are implemented to determine client needs and satisfaction as well as to understand their strategic direction and requirements. This process includes identifying and supporting organic growth opportunities to include executing contract modifications and developing new Scopes of Work with existing clients. The Program Manager must be enthusiastic, innovative, and skilled in client interaction.
Additional responsibilities and duties include but may not be limited to the following:
- Assess delivery and individual performance on active projects to ensure that individuals and groups are successful, contract commitments are met, and continuous improvement is promoted
- Provide oversight and accountability to ensure that project deliverables and contract compliance terms are met by the executing teams
- Provide oversight for tactical and operational aspects of the portfolio
- Oversee a variety of tasks regarding opportunities, challenges, and issues of the contract processes as well as DTS performance and closeout activities on active projects in a manner that is consistent with applicable regulations and policies
- Work with the DTS Human Resources Manager and Resource Managers for recruitment
- Work with DTS Resource Managers to address resource performance or conduct issues and ensure that the DTS business unit is successful
- Personnel management for certain key delivery and/or contract positions
- Recommend modifications or updates to internal policies
- Initiate, organize and/or attend regular management and status meetings with DTS IT principal consultants, project managers, and/or IT project teams
- Act as a trusted resource by regularly attending status meetings and providing updates to key client program and project managers, procurement or buyers, and liaison contacts and partners
- Develop regular reporting documents (i.e., update and reconcile financial and labor data related to active projects, including budget management, actuals/forecasting, analysis, labor billing codes, and revenue projections)
- Provide contract acquisition support to marketing and business development including bids, proposals and negotiating specifications, conferences or industry events
- Work with business development and principal consultants to form a basis of estimates for new work (both for organic and new client work)
- Communicate with individuals on contracts to ensure correct billing and revenue accruals
- Track budget status in financial systems and ensure that plan targets are met
- Initiate and coordinate category rate increase requests (COLA).
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of directly applicable federal contract and delivery management experience; demonstrated end-to-end federal/government experience; understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR); strong communication, leadership, relationship, and collaboration skills; and proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite. Some travel is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in using Deltek’s Time and Expense, CostPoint, and Cognos reporting modules. Must have be able to obtain federal security clearance (Q/L or S/TS). Project Management Professional (PMP) and ITIL certifications are a plus.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&jobId=267763&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson St. NE, Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109-3413