Job Description: RESPEC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company, seeks a GIS Technician. The successful candidate will:
- Be able to meet with professionals of varied disciplines to define data needs, project requirements, and required outputs.
- Have exemplary customer service including the ability to assess client needs to translate them into comprehensive GIS solutions.
- Be able to follow complex written and oral instructions, write professional reports, and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Relate well with a variety of persons under varying circumstances and work under pressure.
- Create and edit GIS data and maps using ESRI and/or open-source software (e.g. QGIS)
- Conduct research to locate and obtain existing datasets
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including census, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps
- Analyze spatial data for geographic statistics to incorporate into documents and reports
- Create and update relational databases in a variety of database software
- Understand the principles of cartography including coordinate systems, longitude, latitude, elevation, topography, and map scales
- Analyze geographic relationships among varying types of data
- Prepare metadata and other documentation
- Operate and maintain GIS hardware and software
- Understand GPS and field collection methods
Minimum Qualifications: The successful candidate is expected to have a Bachelor of Science in hydrology, forestry, environmental science, engineering or geography and 2-4 years’ experience using GIS in a professional setting.
Location: The position will be based in RESPEC’s office in Roseville, Minnesota. Travel to client sites and offsite meetings will be required.
Employment Type: Position classification at time of hire is Temporary Part-Time. Position may convert to regular full time at a later date.
Compensation: Hourly wage is dependent on education and experience, plus statutory insurance requirements.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&jobId=266332&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information or testing, family & medical leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
720 S. Colorado Blvd., #410-S
Denver, CO 80246