HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST- RICHARDSON, TX
Job Description: RESPEC, an employee-owned consulting and services organization, seeks a Human Resources Generalist to join our team in Richardson, Texas. Our Human Resources Generalist carries out a variety of responsibilities in critical functional areas including, but not limited to benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. Responsible for comprehensive HR support for RESPEC’s Business Units in multi-state geographies.
Work Schedule: Full time position Monday through Friday. Employee must be flexible according to work demands and deadlines.
• You are a confident professional who is adept at working directly with our employees and management team
• You maintain a strict level of confidentiality
• You are a capable and experienced presenter who is comfortable conducting training sessions to small and large groups
• You are detail oriented
• You can organize, plan, and implement a variety of tasks
• You can prioritize and manage deadlines and tasks, which can quickly change
• You look for opportunities to improve existing Human Resources systems and processes
• You are responsive and willing to provide outstanding service to our internal customers
• Assists and supports the HR team with a variety of Human Resources duties, which may include the following:
• Conducts end to end new-hire orientation
• Assists with RESPEC’s Rewards and Recognition programs
• Answers benefits questions from employees, and acts as a liaison with corporate headquarters and other site offices as well as benefits vendors
• Updates Human Resources Information System (HRIS) databases including Deltek Time and Expense and Costpoint support
• Maintains personnel and benefits files
• Recruiting, placing ads, processing, and tracking job descriptions for new positions
• Processes, acknowledges, and prescreens résumés including arranging and coordinating phone screens and face to face interviews
• Assists with special projects and initiatives
• Assists with research, updates, and revisions for personnel policies, benefits, procedures, and forms
• Serves on ad hoc committees such as the Employee Benefits Incentives and Culture Committee
• Provides backup assistance for other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
• At least 2 years of college; bachelor’s degree is preferred
• At least 3-5 years directly applicable Human Resources experience
• Proficient in the full suite of Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel and PowerPoint
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written)
Compensation: Hourly wage depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&jobId=68184&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001
RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About RESPEC: RESPEC is a client-focused consulting and services company that specializes in developing innovative solutions to critical environmental issues. Our 100 percent employee-owned company has been advising clients for over 49 years, with the majority of work performed for returning clients. Currently, RESPEC employs over 280 professionals in 18 states and 1 Canadian province. Since our founding in 1969, we remain committed to serving our clients with the highest degree of integrity, honesty, and professionalism. RESPEC has a diverse group of technical professionals who are focused on serving the market sectors that are critical to quality of life. No project is too large or too small. From water quality initiatives throughout Minnesota, to information technology data management nation-wide supporting Indian Health Service, to mine engineering design for global mining interests, we match the right team of specialists in energy, water, environment, technology, and mining to the uniqueness of each client and project to make a difference in the lives of others.
Reference: R18-1341 (1338)
Human Resources Department
PO Box 725
Rapid City, SD 57709-0725