IT Network Engineer
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
RESPEC Inc. (RESPEC) seeks a qualified Information Technologies (IT) Network Engineer for the IT Support Team (IT). RESPEC is an integrated consulting and service firm providing clients with high-quality technical and advisory services covering a variety of industries.
This resource provides IT network support for corporate users across RESPEC including related company locations and activities. This position requires working both independently and with other team members to troubleshoot and correct issues with software and hardware.
A strong candidate will focus on customer service and relationships while demonstrating the ability to identify and resolve issues that are preventing internal and external resources from performing their job functions. The IT Network Engineer will obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors.
- Ability to manage and monitor all installed network systems and infrastructure
- Ensure constant availability of network resources
- Ability to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of network infrastructure accessibility
- Continual maintenance and monitoring of the network and network security
- Capability to architect, design, implement and document firewalls, router, wireless and voice systems across LANs, WANs, wireless, and traditional telecommunication networks
- Knowledge of IT support processes and use of remote monitoring/ticketing software
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Proficiency in the configuration, deployment and support of network components such as physical cable plant, switches, routers, wireless access point, load balancers and firewalls
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, DNS, subnetting, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, and VoIP at all layers of the OSI model.
- Experience with a broad range of IT network infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to: Juniper, Palo Alto and Meraki
- Work with service providers and vendors to ensure high levels of service availability, troubleshoot issues as they arise, and proactively improve network connectivity.
- Ability to work alongside support staff to provide break-fix issues for client incidents
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work with all levels of clients, vendors and/or other IT staff
- Ability to work both as part of a team, or independently as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to absorb and retain information
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Willingness to take on new and diverse challenges and issues
- Able to present ideas in a manner easily understood by non-technical resources
- Ability to lift, carry and move all components of PC workstations, servers, network equipment, peripherals and any other ancillary equipment
- Must be able to travel (up to 20%) to corporate and/or client sites as needed
Qualifications and Desirable Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field, or equivalent combination of 8 years directly applicable experience required
- Certifications or experience with any of the following preferred:
- Juniper Switches
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Meraki Wireless
- VMware and Hyper-V used for VDI
- Cisco VoIP
- Windows operating systems and servers
- SolarWinds Monitoring
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resources Department
3824 Jet Drive
Rapid City, SD 57703