IT SERVICE SPECIALIST
Lexington, KY (other locations to be considered; Richardson, TX, Albuquerque, NM, Denver, CO, Rapid City, SD)
Job Description: RESPEC, an integrated consulting and service company that provides clients with high-quality technical and advisory services covering a variety of industries, seeks a qualified Information Technologies (IT) Service Specialist for the Corporate IT Support Team (CITS).
This individual will provide IT support for corporate users in all RESPEC locations. This position requires working both independently and with other team members to troubleshoot and correct issues with software and hardware.
A strong candidate will focus on customer service and relationships while demonstrating the ability to identify and resolve issues that are preventing internal and external resources from performing their job functions. The IT Service Specialist will obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors.
- Experience in supporting, managing, and administering Windows OS (7 and newer) in a mixed environment
- Familiarity with navigating and configuring Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Exchange
- Understanding of various hardware (e.g., desktops, laptops, servers, and switches) from various vendors (e.g., Dell, Lenovo, Juniper, and Palo Alto)
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Office Applications (Office 365)
- Experience with a broad range of network infrastructure technologies, including but not limited to routers, firewalls, switches, backup solutions, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), and mobile devices
- Knowledge of IT support processes and use of remote monitoring/ticketing software
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Ability to lift, carry, and move components of PC workstations, servers, network equipment, peripherals, and any other ancillary equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of clients, vendors, and/or other IT staff
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information
- Strong documentation skills
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Willingness to take on new and diverse challenges and issues
- Able to present ideas in a manner easily understood by nontechnical resources
- Available to travel (up to 20 percent) to RESPEC locations and/or client sites.
Qualifications and Desirable Skills:
- Associates degree in IT or related field or equivalent combination of 2 years directly applicable experience required
- Experience with any of the following is preferred:
- Cisco VoIP
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&jobId=264665&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RESPEC is an Affirmative Action Employee EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Background check and drug screen required.
Human Resources Department
146 East Third Street
Lexington, KY 40508