Sr Business Analyst
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO or RICHARDSON, TEXAS
Job Description: RESPEC, a consulting and services company, seeks a Senior Business Analyst (BA) to perform analysis of client business processes and translate business requirements into system requirements for customizing, building, and maintaining IT systems for clients. The BA will be responsible for leading, directing, managing, and engaging business stakeholders and functional teams through the business analysis process. The BA will identify and validate a client’s business needs and requirements by leading Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions. Additionally, the BA will be responsible for documenting business processes, business flows, rules, and artifacts.
This position is contingent on the candidate passing a security check for Criminal Justice Information Services- (CJIS-) compliant systems.
Summary of Duties: The responsibilities associated with this position include the following:
- Eliciting, clarifying, and documenting detailed business and technical requirements
- Conducting the following types of analysis:
- Business rules
- Data and/or data flow
- Performing organization modeling
- Developing requirements workshops and conducting interviews
- Conducting feasibility studies and business cases
- Performing modeling processes that use various notation (e.g., Unified Modeling Language, Business Process) including Workflows and Swimlanes
- Communicating directly with the clients to complete formal requirements gathering sessions (e.g., JAD sessions) as well as informal requirements sessions (e.g., one-on-one meetings)
- Producing and administrating the detailed requirements and their documentation through project phases, including use cases, process diagrams, business rules, and requirements traceability matrices
- Tracking changes to requirements over the life of the project
- Facilitating group sessions and interviews with business and technical team members to derive, define, analyze, and document processes
- Working with technical staff to create prototypes of user-interface designs
Preferred attributes include the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels within the organization
- Ability to organize tasks and documents effectively for use throughout the project
- Experience in working on internal and/or external-facing IT projects for public- and private-sector businesses and clients
- A team player with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and client project stakeholders, colleagues, and technical and business team members
- Knowledge of technology system development life cycles and methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile, and experience on projects using these methodologies
- Strong people-management skills, including the ability to manage highly skilled teams of varying sizes and facilitate problem-solving
- Ability to create, manage, and modify requirements traceability matrices and other artifacts that are necessary for IT development projects
- Proven analytic capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, or equivalent technical degree preferred with significant experience specifically with business analysis for system development and solution delivery
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- Strong experience in writing technical reports (samples of technical writing to be provided upon request)
- Ability to travel to on-site client meetings on a regular basis up to 20 percent of the time.
- Experience on projects using multiple management methodologies including Agile
- Experience using VSTS or other development collaboration tools
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RESPEC is an Affirmative Action Employee EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Background check and drug screen required.
Human Resources Department
5971 Jefferson St. NE, Suite 101
Albuquerque, NM 87109-3413