NOTICE OF FILING AN APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATION
WATER & NATURAL RESOURCES
ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO
Job Description: RESPEC is a professional consulting and services company that specializes in applying technology to create solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will work under the direction of project managers in the area of stormwater engineering and development and will use hydrology modeling software, AutoCAD Civil 3D and other civil engineering software systems to plan and design stormwater systems and residential and commercial developments, assist in construction plan preparation and floodplain analysis.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have: A master of science degree in civil or waterresource engineering; Minimum of 1 year of engineering experience; Must be able to use HEC-HMS and A-HYMO software, HEC-RAS or related 2-D hydraulic modeling software.
Employee's duties will include:
- Use of HEC-HMS and A-HYMO software to create models of surface water runoff generated by potential precipitation events;
- Design routing ponds to reduce peak flow rates;
- Use software, including AutoCAD Civil 3d and HY-8 to design storm water drainage systems and hydraulic grade line;
- Design drainage infrastructure for highways and railways and prepare plan and profile to analyze infrastructure crossings;
- Use RUSLE2 software to analyze best management practices for slope stability and soil loss. Providing Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan;
- Use ofHECRAS model to analyze flood plain for FEMA Letter of Map Revision and to design proposed solutions to flooding;
- Observe sites during and post construction to inspect contractor's work during construction phase, create Record Drawings displaying the as-built condition;
- Survey bridge sites, using a Total Station to create and model waterways cross section and perform bridge scouring analysis including scour countermeasures;
- Development of Grading and Drainage plans for specific sites including proposed grades and pond volumes, storm drains and water and sewer utility design.
Mail résumé and cover letter to:
Attn: Human Resources Reference: D 18-1056
720 South Colorado Blvd., Suite 410 S
Denver, CO 80246
This notice is being provided as a result of the filing of a permanent alien labor certification application for this job opportunity. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application to the Certifying Officer of the Department of Labor at:
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
233 Peachtree Street, Suite 410
Atlanta, Georgia 30303