CASTROVILLE OR SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Job Description: RESPEC, a consulting and services company, seeks a Technician who is primarily trained in the skills and techniques related to a specific branch of science or engineering with practical understanding of general fundamental technical concepts. Technicians often assist staff with projects including research and development. They might build or set up equipment, conduct experiments, collect data and calculate results, and produce technical or engineering drawings.
Requirements: A technician performs a variety of technical and nontechnical activities that are relevant to company activities. A technician requires a basic knowledge of the engineering technology discipline that are required for day-to-day operational activities. The work is performed under the direct supervision and oversight of a more senior technician or technical professional. All work performed by a technician shall be reviewed/inspected by another qualified and/or licensed (if necessary) professional. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Providing a wide variety of technical support duties
- Applying basic knowledge of computer programs such as Excel, Word, AutoCAD, GIS, or other graphics design software
- Performing assigned documentation tasks with computer-aided design (CAD) tools in accordance with project guidelines
- Performing minor or uncomplicated technical and nontechnical computations
- Assisting with the design, development, and construction of field equipment, instruments, gages, or devices in support of project goals
- Performing calibration or maintenance/repair of equipment or buildings
- Establishing base files for projects
- Interacting and communicating effectively and professionally with other team members
- Obtaining a general understanding of overall project goals, constraints, and schedule requirements
- Maintaining and organizing project-related documents.
Qualifications: Associates degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, mechanics, GIS, or related field and typically 0–10 years’ experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=6984188f-1240-420d-b8e8-80d8f7b7f24f&jobId=263007&lang=en_US&source=CC2&ccId=19000101_000001 . RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RESPEC is an Affirmative Action Employee EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Background check and drug screen required.
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 725
Rapid City, SD 57709-0725