WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER
RAPID CITY, SOUTH DAKOTA
Job Description: RESPEC has an immediate opening located in Rapid City or Sioux Falls, South Dakota, for a civil engineer who specializes in water resources. This position involves financial and operational program responsibility, client relationship development and maintenance, business development, overall project oversight, personnel management and recruitment.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a bachelor of science degree in civil or environmental engineering (or related engineering discipline) and a minimum of 10 years of consulting engineering experience. The candidate must have proven interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills, and experience in managing projects and staff. Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in South Dakota
- Experience in providing water infrastructure services, including sanitary and storm sewer, water storage and distribution, stormwater facilities, lift and pump stations, intakes, wells, feasibility studies, supply-and-demand analysis, distribution systems, and water reuse and conservation plans
- Experience in providing water-resource services, including water rights and rules, protection of source water, stormwater studies and planning, surface-water modeling, and flood-control and drainage services
- Experience in developing construction plans and specifications
- Experience in construction observation.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reference: R18-1330 (1323)
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 725
Rapid City, SD 57709-0725