WEBINAR - Texas Cybersecurity Panel Discussion
2/16/2022, 12:00 PM – 2/16/2022, 1:30 PM Time zone: (UTC-06:00) Central
Time zone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Microsoft Teams meeting
As cybersecurity threats continue to evolve, regulations expand, and the devastating impacts of a cyber-attack become more recognized, it is imperative to stay informed and prepare your organization ahead of a potential attack.
Topics discussed: Texas Cybersecurity Legislation, Security Information Exchange, Cybersecurity Legally Speaking, and Cybersecurity Preparedness and Response Strategies.
TX-RAMP (Texas Risk and Authorization Management Program) is a new risk management requirement that impacts state agencies. TX-RAMP requires that a baseline of security measures be in place for any vendor processing data through a state agency.
K12 SIX leveraging dozens of data sources and analytic tools, school district IT teams share warnings about cyber threats, help each other mitigate potential attacks, and share best practices. Collaboration is the best way to keep pace with cyber threats.
Attendees will walk away with the following:
- Insight into Texas Cybersecurity Legislation
- The importance of collaboration and information sharing cyber risks and remedies
- A legal perspective on cybersecurity and privacy
- Knowledge of high-risk areas where cyber-attackers commonly gain access
- Understanding of cybersecurity best practices, based on industry standards
- Actionable recovery steps if your organization does experience a breach
- Lessons from real-world cyber-attacks
Worldwide Services delivers a wide range of world-class Managed IT services and products all designed to provide technology solutions that will protect your business.
Blackswan Cybersecurity provides the resources, knowledge, and skills necessary to establish and maintain good cyber hygiene, compliance with regulatory and contractual cybersecurity requirements, while protecting client data and reputation.
RESPEC – imagine having access to a think tank with hundreds of diversely talented engineers, scientists, programmers, and developers under one roof—that’s RESPEC. Each team member is highly trained and skilled in understanding and applying the laws of a specific universe to solve any kind of problem.
- Giovanni CapriglioneTexas House of Representatives, District 98
- Erik LankfordRegional Director K12 SIX (Security Information eXchange)
- Shawn TumaPartner and Co-Chair, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice at Spencer Fane, LLP
- Mike SaylorCEO for Blackswan Cybersecurity
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm CST