Sarasota, FL - WNR
Job Description: Progressive Water Resources (PWR), a Division of RESPEC Company, LLC, is a leading-edge Professional Geology and Professional Engineering water-resource consulting company based in Sarasota, Florida. PWR has an immediate employment opportunity for a Senior Supervising Hydrogeologist/Hydrologist. The selected candidate will be assigned complex projects; assist PWR managing principals with advanced water supply planning, design, permitting, and construction projects; and mentor and oversee work products of less-experienced staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and with others while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Solid time-management skills
- Manage people and possess strong supervisory skills
- Work in office and field work environments on complex water-resource projects.
- Candidates shall have, at a minimum, a Bachelor of Science degree in geology, engineering (water-resource-related), or a similar scientific field from an accredited university
- A Professional Geologist license from the State of Florida
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience
- Minimum 5 years of personnel management or supervisory experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team player who strives to provide quality work, meet project needs, and deliver projects on time
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in the following software is preferred: Microsoft Office; ArcGIS; MODFLOW; Groundwater Vistas; AQTESOLV; and/or other similar types of technical, hydrogeologic, water-resource assessment, and management-related software
- Water-resource-related regulatory experience in the State of Florida is preferred, particularly with Water Management District(s) and particularly with Water Use Permits, Minimum Flows and Levels (MFLs), and Alternative Water Supplies (AWS).
Preferred candidates will have experience in Florida in the following areas:
- Water supply planning, design, permitting, and construction
- Management of technical personnel and review of technical work products
- Project management
- Technical writing and public speaking
- Local and regional groundwater flow modeling
- Geologic and hydrologic data interpretation
- Well-drilling oversight and aquifer performance testing.
A combination of education and experience described above will be considered.
Work Schedule: Full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance; holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); continuing education; and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Candidates should provide a résumé and college transcripts with their completed employment application.