Senior Professional Geologist
Sarasota, FL - WNR
Job Description: Progressive Water Resources (PWR), a Division of RESPEC Company, LLC, is a leading-edge Professional Geology and Professional Engineering water-resource consulting company based in Sarasota, Florida. PWR has an immediate employment opportunity for a Senior Professional Geologist or Senior Hydrologist. The selected candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks that include engineering analyses, data assessments, conducting fieldwork, and report writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently and with others while working on multiple projects concurrently
- Solid time-management skills
- Work in office and fieldwork environments on complex water-resource projects.
- Candidates shall have, at a minimum, a Bachelor of Science degree in geology, engineering (water-resource-related), or a similar scientific field from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years of technical experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Team player who strives to provide quality work, meet project needs, and deliver projects on time
- Self- motivated and detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- A Professional Geologist license from the state of Florida (preferred but not required)
- Proficiency in the following software programs is preferred: Microsoft Office; ArcGIS; MODFLOW; AQTESOLV; and/or other similar types of technical, hydrogeologic, water-resource assessment, and management-related software
- Water-resource-related regulatory experience in the State of Florida, preferably with Water Management District(s) is preferred, particularly with Water Use Permits, Minimum Flows and Levels (MFLs), and Alternative Water Supplies (AWS).
Preferred candidates will have experience in Florida in the following areas:
- Project management
- Technical writing
- Pursuit and/or review of Water Use Permits from Florida Water Management Districts
- Local and regional groundwater flow modeling
- Hydrologic data interpretation
- Well-drilling oversight and aquifer performance testing.
A combination of education and experience described above will be considered.
Work Schedule: Full-time position, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental insurance; holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); continuing education; and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only. Candidates should provide a résumé and college transcripts with their completed employment application.