Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil Engineer - Entry
Sarasota, FL - W-Water & Environment
Job Description: Progressive Water Resources (PWR), a Division of RESPEC Company, LLC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company, is seeking an individual to provide engineering services at our office in Sarasota, Florida. The candidate will be involved with all types of planning, design, and specialty services that are related to residential and commercial development and/or stormwater engineering fields.
Qualifications: At a minimum, the successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor of science degree in engineering
- Strong passion for a civil engineer career
- 0 to 4 years of experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
- Experience in providing engineering services in Manatee and Sarasota Counties
- Familiarity with development and design processes that are specific to Manatee and Sarasota Counties
- Practical application of various hydrology/hydraulics software, including ICPR, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, EPASWMM, MODRET, and BMPTRAINS
- Experience in developing and guiding construction plan package preparation
- Experience with AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, and ArcGIS.
We enjoy flexible work hours and have an open office environment to share ideas.
Compensation: Typical starting salary range for this position is $58,000 to $80,000 and is commensurate with experience relative to the position. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance, holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.