Boise, ID - DTS
RESPEC, an integrated consulting and services company that provides clients with high-quality technical and advisory services covering a variety of industries, seeks a Project Manager who is responsible for ensuring that client projects achieve the stated delivery objectives on time and within budget. The Project Manager organizes and leads business analysts, software developers, and quality assurance testers for successful delivery to clients of software projects with the possibility of supporting engineering projects. The Project Manager also keeps client leadership and RESPEC management abreast of the projects’ status, deliverables, risks, and issues. Being “our clients’ most respected and trusted advisor” is our company’s goal.
- You care about the project, the people on the project, and the client
- You are a servant leader that maximizes the efforts of others toward common goals
- You maintain a broad perspective of the project scope and its interdependencies
- You are organized and effective at managing your time and others’ time
- You are process- and detail-oriented
- You have very good written and verbal communication skills
- You have very good interpersonal skills
- You are skilled in breaking down large tasks and developing project schedules
- You proactively follow up on tasks and action items to maintain project momentum
- You can develop a resource plan and level resource loads
- You can create and maintain a project budget
- You can manage issues, remove impediments, and escalate sensibly
- You can evaluate and manage risks and mitigation plans
- You are experienced in managing software development projects
- Lead project activities from inception through close
- Facilitate a collaborative team environment
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of your projects’ deliverables, issues, risks, project resources, and budgets
- Facilitate project meetings with stakeholders to gather requirements, clarify expectations, and advance software deliverables
- Manage and maintain project schedules in Microsoft Project, or similar project scheduling software
- Ensure that the project budgets, timelines, and expectations are met and transparent to the client
- Evaluate, submit and manage change requests
- Facilitate status meetings to ensure that tasks are on schedule, impediments are removed, and overall target deliverables are met.
- Develop and maintain a positive professional rapport with client resources by informing clients of the projects’ overall status
- Establish yourself as a trusted resource and advisor who has the client’s best interest
- Solicit client feedback on the performance of the RESPEC development team.
- Bachelor’s degree with relative experience specifically with leading project management for IT Projects including software and database development and solution delivery
- 3-5 years of consulting and/or project management experience
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- CSM certification preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, and responsive
Compensation: Wage will be commensurate with education and experience. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.