Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Structural Design Engineer (PE)
Fairbanks, AK - F-Facilities
RESPEC, is seeking a Structural Design Engineer to join our full-service engineering team. This is a hands-on design position with the Northern Region Facilities Market Sector. Primary role will include structural design for facilities supporting new construction and renovations in collaboration with architects, civil, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineers. Duties may also include construction inspection of facility and utility projects. This is a great career opportunity for a hardworking, self-motivated individual looking to grow in their profession.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in progressively responsible roles and with a range of steel, concrete, and timber design with construction administration experience, for public, private, municipal, state, and federal government clients. The candidate will also be familiar with seismic design principles and requirements, as most of our work is done in high seismic areas. This is a great career opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with technical expertise.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with structural coursework emphasis.
- Alaska Professional Civil Engineer License, or ability to obtain within one year.
- 5+ years’ experience, 2+ years of cold regions experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Teams.
- RISA 3D, SAP, RAM or other 3D structural analytical software experience
- Self-motivated, energetic, and able to take on new tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Detail oriented & well organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently and manage small projects independently.
- Able to be given a design task, possibly without all the details known, and still progress with the design work, using their own intellectual skillset, researching potential design options online or in textbooks, working with other engineers as resources to solve the design problem, and be confident of their final design choice.
Additional Preferred Experience/Skills
- Master of Science in Civil engineering with structural emphasis.
- Revit experience.
- Experience with construction.
- Cold region/Alaska experience.
- Experience with preparing plans, specifications, and design calculations.
Work Schedule: This is a regular full-time position with benefits. The employee will work 40 hours/week (Monday–Friday) from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 10-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional society memberships. RESPEC, is 100-percent employee-owned.
Office Location(s): Fairbanks, Alaska
Interviews: Interviews are by appointment only.
Preemployment background check and drug screens are required for all positions.
In 2022, RESPEC was honored to be recognized as a Great Place to Work. Everything that RESPEC does seeks to better people and places. Whether we live in, develop, or partner with a community, we act in ways that preserve and enhance quality. Our ACROSS approach ensures that RESPEC brings the skillsets and perspectives that clients need to the places they are. We look for opportunities to consult on areas ranging from sustainable energy and clean water to ethical development and responsible resource extraction. With each service that we provide, RESPEC seeks to unite it with data and technology solutions. Clients’ outcomes will be safe, compliant, trackable, and transparent. RESPEC improves every community that our people and projects touch.