In 2020, RESPEC managed the full-procurement drilling of an exploration well with vibrating wire piezometers (VWPs) near Lanigan, Saskatchewan. RESPEC designed the drilling program to ensure that all of Nutrien’s data-collection requirements were met while maintaining cost efficiency. The following briefly summarizes the scope of work:
- Obtained the drilling license, completed the site survey, and coordinated the surface preparation
- Solicited bids for all services and provided an authorization for expenditure cost estimate to Nutrien
- Managed subcontractors and paid invoices on behalf of Nutrien
- Tracked the costs and schedule
- Obtained 99 meters of core from the Dawson Bay and Prairie Evaporite with 98 percent recovery
- Determined core was intact and suitable for assay testing
- Acquired geophysical logging and DST data
- Installed 16 VWPs and confirmed they worked correctly.
Zero safety and environmental incidents occurred during this project.