Providing database administration, customized reporting, and software maintenance and administration.
Client: Sandia National Laboratories Fleet Services Department
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sandia National Laboratories (Sandia) Fleet Services Department needs ongoing data analysis, reporting, and database support for Fleet Focus (a third-party commercial off-the-shelf [COTS] application) to administer over 2,700 vehicles and pieces of equipment. The Fleet Services Department uses AssetWorks’ Oracle-based Fleet Focus application. In support of Fleet Services, RESPEC staff has provided database administration, customized reporting, and software maintenance and administration. While supporting the third-party system, RESPEC has been tasked with developing solutions that improve the processes at Fleet Services. Some of the key custom solutions we have developed include the following:
- Self-service kiosk for customers and vendors to use when they drop off and pick up vehicles brought in for service
- Fleet Services customer service web portal
- Automated billing process
- Customer web portal for entering monthly mileage and accounting information
- Custom reporting for National Nuclear Security Administration/Department of Energy, Sandia’s upper management, and customers
- Application to interface the data from the FuelMaster fuel management system and Fleet Focus.
In all of these ways, RESPEC staff has demonstrated its determination and ability to improve Fleet Services’ business processes. Because of our many years of experience in serving Sandia, we understand what our Sandia customers, and Fleet Services in particular, want and need; RESPEC has the IT talent to provide solutions.
RESPEC’s corporate newsroom features stories of success, expansion, innovation, strategy, and community impact.