Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil Construction Representative
Fort Myers, FL - L-Land Development Services
RESPEC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company, seeks an experienced individual to provide civil construction services in our Fort Myers, FL office. This role involves all aspects of performing construction observation services associated with the firm’s land development projects including field observation of designed and permitted project elements, such as backbone infrastructure, paving, grading, drainage, stormwater facilities, water and sanitary sewer systems and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with government agencies, contractors, and other field personnel
- Develop initial cost opinions
- Review shop drawings
- General construction oversite with regular site visits
- Attend Owner-Architect-Contractor meetings on a regular basis
- Ensure on-site construction is consistent with approved plans, permits, and specifications
- Walk-through inspections upon completion of construction projects
- Prepare project close-out punch lists, required certifications, and other project completion related documentation.
Education and Desired Skills Include:
- 4+ years of experience in construction related fields
- BS degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field, preferred but not required
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Understanding of civil/site construction methods and staking
- Ability to produce clear markups for producing as-built drawings
- Experience with software applications that aid in construction management daily recording of site information such as ProCore, MS Project and MS Office Products
- Familiarity with southwest Florida municipalities, such as Lee County, City of Cape Coral, Collier County, etc., not required but preferred.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000 annually (Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown).
Featured Benefits Include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) with 100% Company match up to 6%
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional Development and Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.
Stay in Touch