Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil CAD Designer/Technician
Sarasota, FL - W-Water & Environment
RESPEC, a nationally recognized engineering consulting company is seeking a talented and energetic Civil CAD Designer/Technician in our Sarasota, FL office. This position is a hands-on position in a successful and continually growing company. The successful candidate will provide CAD support for technical drafting for project studies and plans. This position entails creating drawings, plan and profile sheets and collaborating on new design projects. Assigned projects will vary in size and complexity and be produced in an office team setting with project managers, design engineers, and other CAD operators.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate would have 1–6 years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D. A technical-related associates degree is preferred but not required if the experience requirement is met. GIS skills and experience with Revit are beneficial.
Additional qualifications include the following:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Create effective drawing packages using 2019 AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Work with a team on producing plans from survey to final design
- Perform CAD modifications based on plan markups, sketched information, and verbal direction
- Create plan and profile drawings from survey data
- Ability to learn software programs including ESRI, Water Modeling Software, and other Autodesk CAD platforms
- Work under the direction of multiple project managers (engineers) and CAD technicians
- Work independently and with others while working on multiple projects concurrently; strong time-management skills are required.
We enjoy flexible work hours and have an open office environment to share ideas. This position can be full time or part time depending on selected candidate's preference.
Salary Range: Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Featured Benefits Include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) with 100% Company match up to 6%
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Professional Development and Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.
Stay in Touch