Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil Project Engineer/Manager
Sarasota, FL - W-Water & Environment
Job Description: DeLisi Fitzgerald, Inc., a Division of RESPEC Company, LLC, is a multiservice consulting company specializing in land-use planning and civil engineering. We are seeking an individual to provide professional engineering and project management services. The candidate should have experience in managing all aspects of residential and commercial land development projects, including contracts, budgets, design, workload, and permitting. The candidate will also provide guidance to technical and administrative staff.
Qualifications: At a minimum, the successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of science degree in civil engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in land development
- Professional Engineer license in Florida or the ability to obtain or transfer license within 1 year of start date
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project management experience, including contract administration, permitting, earthwork, site grading, utilities, stormwater management, roadway design, hydrology and hydraulic calculations, and utility design.
Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
- History of providing excellent engineering services to clients, and working with subconsultants and regulatory agencies
- Familiarity with development and design processes that are specific to local geographic markets
- Experience with AutoCAD and various hydrology/hydraulics software, including StormCAD, WaterCAD, ICPR or similar software packages
- Experience in developing and guiding construction plan package preparation
- Experience in training and/or leading others through project deliverables.
We enjoy flexible work hours and have an open office environment to share ideas.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. We offer a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance; holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); continuing education; and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Available Office Locations: Fort Myers, Sarasota
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.