Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Senior Structural Engineer
Juneau, AK - F-Facilities
RESPEC, is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our full-service engineering team! We focus on designing resilient structures for our rugged Alaskan environment.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years’ experience in progressively responsible roles and with a range of steel, concrete, and timber design with construction administration experience, for public, private, municipal, state, and federal government clients. This is a great career opportunity for a dynamic energetic individual with proven technical expertise and leadership abilities.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- M.S. in Civil Engineering focused on Structural Design is preferred
- Alaska Professional Civil Engineer License, or ability to obtain within one year
- Alaska Professional Structural Engineering License, or ability to obtain within two years
- 10+ years’ experience; 5+ years of cold regions experience preferred
- Autodesk Revit experience
- RISA 3D, SAP, RAM or other 3D structural analytical software experience
- Able to manage team and contracts on multiple projects concurrently
- Detail oriented & well organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 10-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional society membership. RESPEC, is 100-percent employee-owned.
Available Office Location: Juneau, Alaska
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Interviews: Interviews are by appointment only. RESPEC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, which includes equal pay for men and women. Our Affirmative Action Plans for Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are available upon request to any applicant during normal business hours.
Preemployment background check and drug screens are required for all positions.