Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil CAD Designer/Technician
San Antonio, TX - W-Water & Environment
Job Description: RESPEC, is a nationally recognized engineering consulting company seeking a talented and energetic Civil Cad Designer/Technician in San Antonio or Castroville, Texas. This position is a hands-on position in a successful and continually growing company. The successful candidate will provide CAD support for technical drafting of facilities specific to the water and wastewater industry. This position entails creating drawings, alignments, and plan and profile sheets; mapping for improvements to existing systems; and collaborating on new design projects. Assigned projects will vary in size and complexity and be produced in an office team setting with project managers, design engineers, and other CAD operators.
Qualifications: The preferred candidate would have 1–6 years of experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D. A technical-related associates degree is preferred but not required if the experience requirement is met. GIS skills and experience with Revit are beneficial.
Additional qualifications include the following:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Create effective drawing packages using 2019 AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Work with a team on producing plans from survey to final design
- Perform CAD modifications based on plan markups, sketched information, and verbal direction
- Create plan and profile drawings from survey data
- Ability to learn software programs including ESRI, Water Modeling Software, and other Autodesk CAD platforms
- Work under the direction of multiple project managers (engineers) and CAD technicians
- Work independently and with others while working on multiple projects concurrently; strong time-management skills are required.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance; holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); continuing education; and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.