Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Project Engineer - Mine Reclamation
Lexington, KY - M-Mining
Job Description: RESPEC, an internationally recognized engineering consulting company, seeks experienced Professional Project Engineers located in Kentucky, West Virginia, or Pennsylvania. The primary activity of the RESPEC’s Mining & Energy business unit is developing and implementing technical solutions to meet our mining and energy client-partners’ needs.
The responsibilities for this position include assisting in planning and designing Abandoned Mine Land (AML) and reclamation projects, impoundment design and inspections, site design, site grading, stormwater design, permitting (including National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System [NPDES]), preparing technical reports, and project management. The successful candidate will work with senior engineering staff to manage mining-related reclamation projects. Domestic travel may be required for visits to client mine sites as well as for client and corporate meetings.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of science degree in civil, environmental, or mining engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Professional Engineer registration or the ability to obtain a license soon after employment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Extensive experience in commercial civil or mining engineering software (e.g., AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, Carlson Civil Suite, HEC-RAS, HMS, TR55, Geo-Studio, or similar software) and GIS-based.
In addition to the required qualifications, the following education and skill set are preferred:
- Advanced degree (i.e., master of science or doctorate) in civil, environmental or mining engineering
- Previous experience in AML or environmental projects in the Appalachia region
- Experience in operational, consulting, or engineering services in civil or environmental engineering or related industries
- Project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and effective oral and written communication skills.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience and expertise. Compensation includes a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, and dental insurance; holidays; paid leave; 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); continuing education; and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.