Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Civil Transportation Engineer (EIT)
Fairbanks, AK - T-Transportation
Worldwide, people choose us—and stay with us. Clients trust RESPEC to propel their projects forward with an innovative, clear vision because they know we see things from a different perspective. Our 100% employee-owned company offers solutions for any challenge and every idea. What others may deem impossible we find to be solvable. RESPEC: rethink imPOSSIBLE.
We’re looking for a dynamic and energetic Civil Engineer (EIT) to join our full-service engineering team! You’ll be designing innovative, world-class projects using state-of-the-art technologies. This is a hands-on design position in RESPEC’s Utility Market Sector and will include design projects for not only utilities but also site and road improvements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training with 2 to 4 years of experience
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D proficiency
- Knowledge of C3D modeling (corridors, grading, pipe models, etc.), quantities calculations, and cost estimating is a plus
- Solid knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Teams
- Experience in preparing plans and design calculations for transportation, utility, and site improvements
- Self-motivated, energetic, and able to take on new tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Detail-oriented and well-organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- GIS experience
- Construction experience
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), typically Monday through Friday during normal 8:00am to 5:00pm business hours. Overtime is possible when project workload requires it.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (healthcare, retirement, disability & life insurance, paid time off, 10-holidays/year) and advancement opportunities, continuing education, and professional society memberships. RESPEC, is 100-percent employee-owned.
Office Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.
Stay in Touch