Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Electrical BIM Technician
Anchorage, AK - F-Facilities
RESPEC, is seeking a full time Electrical Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician to join our full-service engineering team! We design innovative world-class projects utilizing state-of-the-art technologies. The successful candidate’s primary duty will be supporting the Electrical engineering group’s drawing development and production including modeling Electrical systems, and creating plan sheets, elevations, sections, and details using BIM and Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) authoring software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing plan production services with teams of engineers and other technicians
- Coordinating with other project discipline’s models and design teams
- Working from plan markups, sketched information, and verbal direction
- Working independently and with others while working on multiple projects
- Delivering quality documents using company standards and systems
- Maintaining custom BIM families and Revit working environments
- Maintaining a custom Bluebeam Revu working environment
Additional responsibilities will include assembling multi-disciplinary project packages, producing graphics for studies and public presentations and occasional assistance with our other in-house discipline’s drawing production efforts.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Electrical drafting and modeling experience using Revit and AutoCAD
- All experience levels are encouraged to apply
- Specific Electrical experience should include:
- Understanding of Electrical systems, their settings, and how they operate in Revit
- Family editing, including connectors, light sources, annotations, and symbology
- Understanding of Worksharing and Worksets
- Manipulating views, including modeling, drafting, filters, and view templates
- Understanding of system and project browsers
- Leveraging Revit data, including parameters, constraints, schedules, and tagging
- Associated Electrical building trades experience / exposure desired
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Effective interpersonal capabilities
- Related certificate(s) or degree a plus
- Autodesk Dynamo experience a plus
Work Schedule: Full-time position involving 40 hours per week, typically Monday through Friday during normal 8:00am to 5:00pm business hours. Overtime can be expected when project workload demands it.
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. We offer competitive pay, advancement opportunities and a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability and life insurance, paid time off, 10-holidays/year, continuing education, and professional society memberships. RESPEC is 100-percent employee-owned with long-term retirement opportunity.
Office Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Interviews: Interviews are by appointment only.