Take the First Step
Start your journey with RESPEC today. For over 50 years, we have been seeking and keeping people whose values and skillsets align with us. RESPEC is 100% employee-owned through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and we call each person who works for us an “employee-owner.” That recognition reinforces our mutual accountability. RESPEC’s successes help you advance, and your successes help RESPEC advance.
From the day we hire someone until they retire, RESPEC strives to nurture our employee-owners. We support you as you develop your talents, grow your perspective, and enhance your experiences.
Come to RESPEC. Stay with RESPEC. Take the first step of your journey with us by using the filters below to find your dream job.
Higher Job Growth
Over 10-Year Period
Mid to Senior Level Electrical Engineer
Juneau, AK - F-Facilities
Why Us? Worldwide, people choose us—and stay with us. Clients trust RESPEC to propel their projects forward with an innovative, clear vision because they know we see things from a different perspective. Our 100% employee-owned company offers solutions for any challenge and every idea. What others may deem impossible we find to be solvable. RESPEC: rethink imPOSSIBLE.
If you are looking for a fun, interesting, and flexible work environment that provides an opportunity to leverage your expertise to make a significant difference in the lives of Alaskans, RESPEC is the right fit for you. RESPEC is looking for a Mid to Senior level Electrical Engineer to join our team in Juneau Alaska. As an Electrical Engineer, you will collaborate with team members to design innovative solutions to diverse electrical challenges around Alaska. Our Facilities team works on diverse projects from inception through planning, design, and support of construction efforts for public and private sector clients.
This position is within RESPEC’s Juneau Facilities Sector which is a leader in electrical engineering design services in Juneau, Alaska. The Mid to Senior level Electrical Engineer will collaborate with other electrical engineers and staff in preparing professional work products including power, lighting, signal, security, communications and utility infrastructure planning, design, and construction administration. In addition, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Work on multiple electrical infrastructure projects simultaneously, proactively collaborating with team members and clients to resolve technical challenges.
- Potentially supervise, mentor and guide project design development with project engineers, staff engineers and interns.
- Technical review of project designs, plan drawings, engineering reports, technical specifications and other contract deliverables for feasibility, technical accuracy and quality.
- Track project progress within established project scope, budget and schedules and alert project manager of any issues that may affect them.
- Support other Alaska Infrastructure market sectors on design projects as workload dictates.
- Prepare clear and concise written communications and participate in client and team meetings.
- Present design projects as required as part of public outreach to clients and the public.
- Conduct research and write technical portions of proposals to assist in bringing in new work.
We’re looking for a dynamic and energetic Mid to Senior level Electrical Engineer with proven expertise and leadership abilities to join our Facilities team! You’ll be designing innovative, world-class projects using state-of-the-art technologies. If you have more than 5 years of experience in progressively responsible roles working on a broad range of projects for private and public sector clients, it’s time to start your RESPEC career.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Alaska Professional Electrical Engineer license, or ability to obtain within 1 year
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel)
- Able to manage discipline work on multiple projects concurrently
- Detail-oriented and well-organized with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), typically Monday through Friday during normal 8:00am to 5:00pm business hours.
Office Location: Juneau, Alaska
Compensation: Salary depends on experience. Compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. We offer a comprehensive fringe-benefits package that consists of medical, vision, dental, holidays, paid leave, 401(k) Plan, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), continuing education, and professional societies. RESPEC is a 100% employee-owned company and employees are eligible for participation in the ESOP after a qualifying period.
Interviews: Interviews will be by appointment only.
Pre-employment background check and drug screens are required for all postions.
Stay in Touch